- Based on common criteria agreed, project partners compiled 6 local priority lists which were then compiled into a common one with a total of 735 target plant species prioritised for conservation actions.
- 436 taxa were selected from the priority list for ex situ and/or in situ conservation measures; see priority list and selected taxa here.
- In situ conservation was implemented for 51 of the most endangered plant species of the Mediterranean islands through in situ translocations and other management measures; see species information sheets by island and taxon here.
- Ex situ conservation was implemented for 429 species from which 740 accessions (seedlots) were collected and stored in partners’ seed banks.
- 359 accessions were duplicated in other seed banks for security reasons and as a precautionary measure, aiming at ensuring the long term conservation of the collected germplasm.
- 410 seed germination experiments were completed, providing data for the eco-physiology of the target species.
- Over 27,000 plants (corresponding to 162 target species) were propagated in partner nurseries for the needs of project in situ conservation actions, for availability in future restoration actions and for ex situ conservation in botanical gardens.
- Reinforcement and enlargement of GENMEDA - Network of Mediterranean Plant Conservation Centres; find out more about GENMEDA at http://www.genmeda.net/.